The JOOI District has had a very successful and fun year. Our JOOI Conference on February 28th was a fulfillment of two major objectives - Communication and Teambuilding. The day was packed with outstanding workshops, facilitators, special guests/speakers, and hands-on activities including:
- Healthy Living
- Parliamentary Procedures
- Tri-Star Sports
- CCC Magic Hug Squares
- District Officer Expectations
- Green City (Teamwork & Critical Thinking) Project
- Officer Elections for 2010-2011
We have also started three new JOOI Clubs:
- Alpha - Sashabaw Elementary School (sponsor - Mona Shores Optimist Club)
- Junior - Clarkston Junior High (sponsor - Clarkston Optimist Club)
- Octagon - Muskegon High School (sponsor - Clarkston Optimist Club)
As you may recall, during our Fall Leadership Conference ,JOOI Best Practices were developed and they are now available for all clubs to embrace. (A copy is attached to this report.) Promoting JOOI is ongoing a we are proud to announce that we will be participating at the Michigan Hugh O'Brian Youth Leadership (HOBY) Conference on Sunday, May 16 and Central Michigan University. Our panelist will speak about how they got involved in JOOI, what they love, what they do and how to start a JOOI Club in the schools and communities.
And last, but not least, we are planning a fun event for all JOOI Michigan Clubs this summer. Details are forthcoming and we certainly hope that everyone will attend.
JOOI MI Governor 2009-2010
"With hope and many talents, JOOI brings out the best in kids."